What is Neo-Adjuvant?Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy means the use of Chemotherapy/targeted therapy before definitive local treatments like Surgery or Radiation.
Advantages of Neo-Adjuvant
- Helps in shrinking the tumor which facilitates local treatment like Surgery and radiation and improves the outcome.
- Can convert locally advanced inoperable tumors to operable or help facilitate organ sparing/ limb salvage surgeries.
- Helps to assess the biology of disease and assess the response of the tumor to chemotherapy and accordingly give the opportunity to modify treatment if required.
- Achieving complete pathological response i.e finding no viable tumor in the surgical specimen has been found to translate into better survival in many cancers.
The most common use of Neo-Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Breast cancers
- Ovarian cancers
- Esophageal/Gastric/Rectal cancer
- Urinary Bladder cancers( Muscle invasive)
- Bony Sarcomas ( Osteosarcoma/Ewings Sarcoma)
- selected head and neck cancers
- Lung Cancers
Visit Us: OncoWin Clinic
Get Online Teleconsultation with our Doctor